I strive to offer the highest quality counseling and care in the Moore County, Southern Pines, Pinehurst and Aberdeen area. I have recently added a beautiful satellite office in Rockingham, NC.
I can help you to:
- change self-defeating behaviors
- find solutions
- focus on strengthening your boundaries
- Improve your relationships
- develop a life vision based on your personal values and define large goals
- feel supported, inspired and reinforced
- and practice forgiveness of yourself and others to finally have peace of mind.
Experience in Counseling and Psychotherapy
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist in Aberdeen, and Rockingham, NC with 13+ years of individual, couples and group mental health counseling experience. Additionally, I have 23+ years’ experience supporting addicted people who want to stop drinking alcohol and using drugs and other destructive behaviors for good.
In addition to my Private Practice in Southern Pines, NC I contract with Samaritan Colony, a Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and work with families on issues of co-dependency and addiction. I provide Clinical Supervision for the clinical staff at a large Residential Addiction Treatment Center in another county, and other clinicians seeking full licensure.
I am currently in the process of planning and building a 14-bed residential treatment facility for women with Substance Use Disorders and histories of Trauma, that are medically indigent, uninsured, or underinsured. It is scheduled to open in Richmond County, NC in the Spring of 2020.
- Licensed Professional Counselor for North Carolina
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist for North Carolina
- Certified Clinical Supervisor for North Carolina
- NCC-AP Nationally Certified Master Addiction Counselor
- Professional member of American Counseling Association
- Professional member of the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of NC
- Professional member of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
- Professional member of Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC)
Counseling is a process by which we work together to identify and work on concerns you bring to our sessions. My approach to counseling involves helping you to identify strengths within yourself and develop self-awareness of your values, thoughts and feelings to meet your goals.
My therapeutic approach is moving away from the traditional “medical model” — which emphasizes treatment of pathology and being “sick”, toward a “personal-growth model”, which emphasizes personal development wellness and recovery.
I draw from the following therapy approaches:
- Mindfulness-Based/Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused “Brief Therapy”
- 12-Step Facilitation
- Motivational Enhancement/Moderation Management
Contact me today to schedule a free consultation!