I strive to offer the highest quality counseling and therapy in the Moore County, Southern Pines, Pinehurst, and Aberdeen area. I have recently added a beautiful satellite office in Rockingham, NC.
I can help you to:
- Change self-defeating behaviors
- Find solutions
- Focus on strengthening your boundaries
- Improve your relationships
- Develop a life vision based on your personal values and define large goals
- Feel supported, inspired and reinforced
- Practice forgiveness of yourself and others to finally have peace of mind.
Experience in Counseling and Psychotherapy
I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist in Aberdeen, and Rockingham, NC with 15 years of individual, couples, and group mental health counseling experience. Additionally, I have 25+ years’ personal recovery and experience supporting addicted people who want to stop drinking alcohol and using drugs and other destructive behaviors for good.
In addition to my private practice in Aberdeen and Rockingham, I contract with Samaritan Colony, a Residential Substance Use Treatment Facility, and work with families on issues of co-dependency and addiction. I provide Clinical Supervision for the clinical staff at a large Residential Addiction Treatment Center in another county, and other clinicians seeking full licensure.
I am currently in the planning and fundraising process to build a 14-bed residential treatment facility for women with Substance Use Disorders and histories of Trauma, that are medically indigent or underinsured. It is scheduled to open in Richmond County, NC in the Fall of 2021.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor for North Carolina
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist for North Carolina
- Certified Clinical Supervisor for North Carolina LCAS-Associates
- Approved Clinical Supervisor for North Carolina LCMHC-Associates
- NCC-AP Nationally Certified Master Addiction Counselor
- Professional Member of the American Counseling Association
- Professional Member of the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of NC
- Professional Member of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
- Professional Member of Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC)
Counseling is a process by which we work together to identify and work on concerns you bring to our sessions. My approach to counseling involves helping you to identify strengths within yourself and develop self-awareness of your values, thoughts, and feelings to meet your goals.
My therapeutic approach is moving away from the traditional “medical model” — which emphasizes treatment of pathology and being “sick”, toward a “personal-growth model”, which emphasizes personal development, wellness, and recovery.
I draw from the following therapy approaches:
- Mindfulness-Based/Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution-Focused “Brief Therapy”
- 12-Step Facilitation
- Motivational Enhancement/Moderation Management
Contact me today to schedule a free consultation!